Sunday, March 02, 2008

Snow, Snow Go Away!



I am sick and tired of the snow! The above photo is probably the most accurate visual description of just how much snow we have received this winter - Concord reached a record 100+ inches so far this season. That is our mailbox...the door in the heaping mound of snow.
Shawn has been very busy, well, since Christmas. This is a good thing for business, but we miss him a lot, and with all of this snow it's been a bit more difficult to be alone. So, this morning I sat down at the old laptop with the sole mission of getting out of dodge for a vacation. Granted we don't leave until May 4 but we now have some sun to look forward to. We're heading to every child's favorite place...the home of the mouse...but don't say anything to the boys if you talk to them before d-day as we are not telling them that we are going. We want it to be a surprise. Shawn and I took Conner back in 2005 and didn't tell him - he was so excited when we pulled into the Magic Kingdom. I'm really looking forward to some time with all of my boys away from the hustle and bustle of every day life.
Grady had his first experience in organized sports yesterday. It didn't go over so well and he is now enrolled in a youth soccer skills clinic instead. Much more appropriate. After a couple of sessions in Lil' Kickers he'll be ready to hit the field with a team. Conner continues to enjoy Tae Kwon Do. He's doing very well and recently achieved his dark green belt.
As a youth, I quoted movies quite often. This has now moved onto my children. Conner can often be heard, in response to someone saying something was done "on purpose", mumbling "You used all the glue on purpose!" (From the much loved A Christmas Story.) And just the other day Shawn and I were talking about college and I hear from the back of the car - from Grady, "Your mom goes to college." (Napoleon Dynamite...the boys have never seen it but we quote it often and I guess it just stuck.) Grady also throws out Grinch quotes left and right. Too funny. They both have such great senses of humor.

We took the boys skiing last weekend. We had a great time on the slopes, Conner spent the day with a private instructor, and Grady spent his slope time on his bum. At one point we saw the instructors packing snow around his skis to keep him standing. We'll get them out there at least one more time before the season ends.

1 Comments:

Blogger Julie Wieder said...

Goodness! I was wondering what kind of snow you were getting, and if the weather channel was accurate. I guess so!! Wow...I won't tell you the temp for PI today. Are you as excited about Sept. 27 as I am??? Should be tons of fun. Hope we chat soon. XOXO- Julie

10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home