Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Frickin' laser beams!

This was a headline in the local paper the other week...I got a little chuckle.

Finally I update. This weekend was crazy to say the least. Missy and Jared were with us Thursday afternoon through Saturday afternoon and things could not have gone more smoothly. I even made it to the gym Friday to work out (between school drop offs and pick ups) and Saturday to take the kiddos for a swim. I surprised myself at how easy it was to add two kids to the mix. No, this is by no means a precursor to any news (nor will there be any.) The kids were very excited Thursday night, who can blame them, which is what I believe woke Conner and Missy at 3:30 Friday morning, saying they were ready to get up. I quickly laid them back down and they did fall back to sleep, as did I. (Keep in mind Shawn was gone Tuesday through Saturday so I had them all to myself!!) The following day was filled with running between schools, going to the gym, and playing outside. I was definitely spent once 4:00 rolled around and their mom returned from Detroit to pick them up but it was well worth it.

Shawn and I got a little surprise when we returned home Saturday afternoon. Our house had been "vandalized" by our neighbors who are all Pats fans. I wish I would have taken a picture...the driveway was covered in smack talk and there were Patriots balloons and flags all over our porch. We supported the home team, of course, the next day while we all watched the game together. I love our neighborhood.

So, a new week has begun. Our small group is up and running again with a study on John. Conner's swimming lessons are going so well that I think he'll be able to move up a level for the next session. He's doing the whole lesson without a floatie! (OK, so the teacher gives him a little boost every once in a while, but he can swim halfway across the pool without any help!) Grady is now saying Mommy...he won't stop saying Mommy. Just last week I asked him when he was going to say it. Why did I ask him? Shawn has a test on Friday afternoon and should finish just in time to start stacking the wood that will be delivered. (Gotta love the wood burning fireplace!!) It's just one thing after another. All I know is that in two and a half weeks I get to go back to Pittsburgh for Sayward's shower! Ah, a weekend away.


Apple picking with friends.

My sweet little man.


I refer to Jared and Grady as the "Master and the Apprentice." They are two little peas in a pod!


Grady on game day.


Supporting the home team!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home