Thursday, August 23, 2007

1 Week 'Till School!

My boys as mermen.

One of these things is not like the others.


My boys at Rye Beach, NH.


We are officially one week away from the start of first grade. Conner has been counting down the days which I feel gives me the freedom to be as excited as he is. So here we are, happy as can be for the upcoming first day of school.

If you haven't heard from me for a little while that is because we have been working like crazy to get the kitchen floor finished. Yes, the weekend I was in Pittsburgh, Shawn surprised me by ripping out the hideous kitchen linoleum and beginning the very large job of tiling the kitchen floor. Now that it is complete it is absolutely beautiful. The before pictures were taken by Shawn's parents, thankfully, otherwise we would have no record of what used to be. The floor was originally white speckled linoleum but when we moved in it was yellowed and the seams were beginning to show. Yikes!! Shawn and Ben did the entry from the garage/laundry/1/2 bath earlier this year.

For those of you with school age children I am sure you are High School Musical 2ed out! We have been watching it non-stop...I suppose there are worse things Conner could be into...and Grady has discovered the computer. He wasn't really interested in it until this last week. He is now a Mahjongg wiz and has begun to master Jump Start Kindergarten. I thought I'd humor him this morning by putting the disc in and figured it would occupy him for a few minutes. Two hours later he was still working on the games. I guess this means I don't need to invest in the PreSchool disc.
Summer has been fun and relatively relaxing as we stayed in New England this year. We had a great visit with my mom and Brian a few weeks ago, went to see James Taylor - awesome concert, hit Hershey Park, spent time at the beach, Shawn's mom and brother were here, and the list goes on. Next summer will be a traveling summer, I can feel it.

3 Comments:

Blogger emily reilly said...

it looks great! i have always wanted to try and tile something. maybe in our next house.
hope all is well.

emily

9:59 PM  
Blogger Julie Wieder said...

so, can you do hard woods? i would love to have hard wood flooring in my house....and since you'll be coming in september and all......
just kidding. IT LOOKS AWESOME!!! i have floor envy. xoxo - julie

12:56 PM  
Blogger M-Dawg said...

Love the mermen pics - sooo cute!

The new floor looks great!

I could also use someone to hard wood my floors in my condo??? :-)

12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home