Friday, March 21, 2008

Easter Eggs and Acrylic






Let me begin by saying that I have the best husband in the world. Really, I do. And not just because he is surprising me on Easter morning with a super new digital SLR - although that is what has prompted me to say so - but he really is the greatest. So, excuse the lighting on a couple of these pictures as our current camera is on the outs...Conner wants to put the new one in my basket so it'll have to do until Sunday.

Here are a few of the boys doing some egg decorating the other afternoon and painting today. Conner wanted to know what he should paint so the art instructor emerged and we were soon setting up a still life. Conner blended the world of Spongebob with the still life and Grady worked in expression and subtraction. (A detail of his painting is above in which he incorporated a straw to scratch into the paint to reveal the colors below...ok...I gave him a nudge but he did the scratchin'.)
We are eagerly awaiting the arrival of Aunt Sayward, the Spinster, and Nana. Happy Easter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home