Sunday, October 09, 2005

Still Life with Sugar Substitute

My son, Conner, the aspiring photographer.

Grammy and Pappy left this morning, much to the dismay of Conner. He would wait, as patiently as possible for a four year old, until 9 o'clock whereupon he would wake his Grammy up. That kid is such a sweetheart. We had a very nice, rainy visit.

Yesterday we experienced go-kart racing at it's finest at F1 Boston, where Shawn, Pappy, and I raced along with 7ish others. The course is indoors, good for us since it was very wet, and very official feeling. The staff educates you on flags, warnings, etc., you get suited up in a driving jumpsuit, helmet, and neck brace, and off you go. I was the only girl racing in our group and I came in third...ahead of Shawn and Pappy! Slow pokes!

After the race, we went to the outlets in Wrentham and did some shopping. Even with the rain we still managed to find a couple of bargains along the way...the weather didn't seem to hamper anyone's shopping. I never tire of cruising the outlets.

Today was spent getting some much needed running around done for the shower this coming weekend. The work on my end is not quite finished but I'll have some evening time to myself as Shawn will be out of the office this week. I'm very excited to be heading back to Pittsburgh for Sayward's shower as it will definitely be a beautiful party with lots of good company and fun!

This past week packed some excitement in the Johnson home when we discovered that Grady can climb out of his crib. Thankfully, he climbed out while I was getting ready on Friday morning so I was able to purchase and assemble a tent for the top of his crib before his afternoon nap. Shawn suggested just putting Grady in a toddler bed. Um...if you've met Grady you know that's not even a remote option. The tent seems to be doing the job - Grady is not able to climb out and I no longer find the contents of the crib strewn throughout his bedroom, so it's serving two purposes quite well.

I'll be sure to post some pics from the shower when I return. Have a great week!

Conner and Grammy.




Conner and Pappy.


Some portrait photography by, you guessed it, Conner.

The Grades.


Where it all went down.


Waiting for our race to be called.


All suited up and ready to go!

3 Comments:

Blogger Sayward said...

You need to put a picture of the tent on so I can see what it looks like!

12:47 PM  
Blogger Robyn J said...

will do!

8:17 PM  
Blogger Jayson and Katy said...

Robyn - I can't seem to find the invitation to the shin-dig on Saturday, and I am sooooo sorry that I never RSVPd but I will certainly be there! Hopefully you check your blog before you leave to get down here. I don't think that my mom will make it though (mary lou)she's flying in from Florida that afternoon (rough life huh?) Sorry again about the late rsvp
Katy

9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home