Wednesday, May 31, 2006

It's Wednesday Already?!?!

Today I've been reminded of the second reason I love a long weekend...the following week goes by that much more quickly. Shawn took off Friday as well so we had a really long weekend. We barbequed with our soon-to-be ex neighbors (blast those darned Tobeys...leaving us for Concord!!) on Sunday and went to the Hodge's for Memorial Day. The pool water was COLD, but it didn't seem to stop the kids. Conner spent most of the day either in or by the pool with the other kids. We played a rousing game of croquet and Grady and Shawn - yes, Shawn - took a tractor ride.

We spent the majority of the day today at the gym. Now that school is out we don't have to rush around to drop off and pick up Conner while cramming lunch down everyone's throats before I start work at 12:30. I was able to get my swim in, shower, and have lunch with the boys in peace today. It was very nice.

A few of you have asked about the interview and I didn't end up getting the position. However, it's definitely a blessing because it wasn't the right job. It was part-time, but part-time 5 days a week. I'd love to get back into the classroom - at the high school level - but only 2 or 3 days a week. Who knows, it might not be in the cards for me to go back at all but only time will tell. I kind of had a feeling that I wasn't going to get it as the first question they asked was what pay step I would be on. As a 7th year part-time teacher I'd probably make what a first year full-time teacher might make. Such is life.

Shawn is in Connecticut this week but will hopefully return Friday in time for Conner's soccer class. This is definitely a very busy time for Shawn and a very draining time on me.

For those of you who dabble in MySpace, I've finally ventured into that world as well. Mostly to catch up with some old classmates. However, I've come across some others along the way and am slowly building my network. Feel free to browse through to some familiar and not-so-familiar faces.

Take care and enjoy the remainder of your short week. This weekend brings our first (and hopefully ONLY) open house so keep us in your thoughts as well as anyone who may come through our home. We'd kind of like to know where we are going to be come fall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home