Sunday, May 21, 2006

When It Rains It Pours

So, it's raining in New Hampshire yet again. However, we are dry so that is positive. This week was very stressful to say the least. Thursday night I just about lost it over the wet basement. The pumps I was using weren't pulling the water anymore...I don't know if the water was just too low or if they were malfunctioning but I gave up and called a plumber. They said they'd put in a sump pump Friday morning ,which they did, but I had an interview at 11:45 with an area high school so my good friend came over to pick up Grady and stay until the job was done. Run, run, run - that was my week - trying to locate pumps, fighting the water, preparing for an interview, and all the while take care of the boys. It is times like these that I really feel the sting of not having family that can help. I felt as though I was at the mercy of the water all week and my frustration got the better of me once or twice...or twenty but who's counting. Then, to top it all off, Conner asked to take some pictures yesterday afternoon and he accidentally dropped the camera - it no longer works - so we are now without a digital camera. Such is my life these last 7 days. Sorry but there won't be any pictures for a while!! Ugh.

On a much better note, our house had its first showing today. We got the call at 8:30 this morning so for the next 3 hours Shawn and I worked non-stop on the yard, getting everything back into the basement, and doing some last minute cleaning. Conner and Grady were such good sports, staying upstairs and playing while we worked. I think we finished and were out of the door by 12:55 - 5 minutes before the showing was supposed to take place. Shawn and I are extremely tired but that is par for the course this week.

Conner has his preschool picnic on Monday and his graduation program on Wednesday evening. Of course there is T-ball, soccer, and swimming mixed in as well. I'm getting a little more tired just thinking about this week. Grady was a little under the weather these last couple of days. Soccer was a challenge for him as he seemed to want to do whatever the other kids weren't. Those two little boys are such sweethearts.

Take care and have a good week!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Aimee said...

Hope things are getting better and the plumber helped you out. Interview???

9:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home