Sunday, February 04, 2007

Super Bowl Sunday




In years past, my family has been known to construct a cake - otherwise known as my birthday cake - but disguise it as a football field. I have memory of my father attempting to build goal posts out of toothpicks. Ah, the memories of our youth. Alas, there were no football cakes but there was plenty of yummy football party food (thanks mostly to our good friends Dolores and Larry) and a great day in football with the Colts winning Super Bowl XLI. (Shawn grew up being a Colts fan when they were in Baltimore and we are fans of Peyton and of course Tony Dungy.)

These pictures are from the other day. Grady and Conner were being their typical goofy selves with Grady attempting to hide in his shirt. I'm sorry to report that I do not have pictures from our skating this weekend. We were out there for nearly 3 hours yesterday and I have the blister to prove it. I discovered that Grady's meltdown the other day was only partly due to lack of sleep because the same thing happened approximately 10 minutes after his arrival to the pond AFTER he woke up from his nap. He just doesn't like to be cold. I thought for sure that he would be the one I wouldn't be able to get inside but it is Conner who is really taking to the ice. I'm hoping this isn't a foreshadow of what is to come. Ice hockey is HUGE in this area and people travel all over and at ridiculous hours for games and practice. We'll see what happens but right now he's just as happy to walk down to the pond - and so am I!!

This week we say good-bye to Shawn as he goes to New York, however, we'll meet up with him in Manhatten on Friday afternoon. I think the boys will have a great time and I'm looking forward to a little getaway.

1 Comments:

Blogger Soleilmavis said...

Nice blog.

12:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home