Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Welcome, Summer!

It is finally summer here in New England. It went from cold and rainy to sunny, hot, and humid in about one week. Crazy. The saying here is, "If you don't like the weather, wait 15 minutes." How true.

This past weekend was lots of fun for everyone. Shawn's client picked him up (in his private plane, I might add) on Sunday and they spent the afternoon at The U.S. Open. He said it was pretty hot but a great time. The boys and I enjoyed a day of swimming and playing with a couple of families from Conner's T-Ball team. What a great day!

This August brings my first two, of hopefully many more, sprint triathlons. I have two in one week...a bit much but the second is a little easier than the first. The weekend of August 13 is the Baierl Family YMCA Triathlon in North Park, PA. I'll be doing this one with a very old friend so I'll have some support during the race. The swim is 700m, 13-15 mile bike (I think), and a 5k. I haven't been training as hard as I should be, but I'll be able to finish. The next weekend is the Kuhn's Bros. Triathlon in Lewisburg, PA - very close to Shawn's hometown. This swim is only 300m, the bike is similar, and a 5k. I'm really excited to get the first two under my belt as I'm not really sure what to expect with the transitions, etc. I'll be sure to post my times - should be interesting!

Shawn is in Long Island again this week. Ugh. We'll be hanging with Conner's best friend, Missy, today. Grady is especially fond of Jared, Missy's brother, I think because they are secretly hatching a plan of world domination. The remainder of the week holds a T-Ball game and some serious Slip-N-Slide action.

Have a great week!

2 Comments:

Blogger M-Dawg said...

Definitely keep us posted about the triatholon - wow! Good for you!

I'll be your cheerleader!

Isn't this weather crazy? Since you and I are not native New Englander's, we can definitely agree to the craziness!

And, that quote is SO true!

6:02 PM  
Blogger Tom Henry said...

I am very impressed with the triathalon. We would love to see you if you have an hour when you're in town. Give us a call....and check out our Flickr site. There are lots of new pictures there - Tom decided that he did not like the blog....you can access it through the Benevolent Dictator's blog

Sara

2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home